Friday, June 26, 2009

Day of the Doctor's Appointments

I had 3 dr appts today! The first was an NST and then I went right from there to an actual Dr appt and then an ultrasound later that afternoon. Mark got to come for the first 2! The NST was normal - that baby's heart preformed rather quickly. At the Dr's office (other side of the hall) she did a pelvic exam and I'm dialated to a 2, 90% effaced and the baby's head is at a -1. Then I got to go home for a few hours to awake my 37 week ultrasound. Thanks to Doug I even got to take a bit of a nap!

Ok, so the ultrasound wasn't done until I was 38 weeks along... but you get the idea right? I measured at 38 weeks and 1 day and the baby was 7 lbs 8 ounces. All seemed to be well. The radiologist didn't say whether the measurements meant inducing early (not technically her call - so she wouldn't know anyways), but I would assume it didn't. I'll find out at my next Dr's appt next week. Here's some photo's from it! (be impressed that I actually got these up in a reasonable amount of time!!)
This is supposed to be an upwards shot of the baby's face. Apparently you can see the nose and lips. Anybody see anything that looks close?!? [I almost see nostrils about dead center and the middle black spot I think she said were the lips - I'm glad it made sense to someone!]
I completely forget what this was supposed to be... I have vague memories of her saying something about a fist, but that might have been something she didn't take a picture of. If you can tell what this is, please let me know - I have no idea!!

No comments: