Friday, June 7, 2013

We Heard Back!

Just got off the phone with the oncologist.  He has been calling up to the U all day, says he called every number he has for them and hasn't gotten ahold of anyone or a call back, so he doesn't know anything yet.  He's hoping to get ahold of them on Monday, he'll let us know, and then we can figure out what's going on.

Just trying to keep everyone informed...  (which our oncologist was bugged the U wasn't doing with him, so I figured I'd take the hint and let people know)

I was a bit caught off guard.  I guess I had assumed we would finally know something for sure, but Mark had expected to not find anything out today (he had assumed the info wouldn't get to us).  Turns out his instinct was more accurate than mine.  :)

Still on our ride on the Brain Tumor Express, it's just hitting (still in?) a slow part in the dark at the moment.  It started out with a bang, so the frequent change in speed and tempo has occasionally been a bit jarring, but there's not much to be done about it, so we'll just stay on the ride (it's not like we could get off if we wanted too).  We're getting used to it, and there have been some unexpected ups along with the downs, so it's not like it's been all bad. :)

Mark wants me to add that for the record, we do want to get off (part of why he's so anxious to start treatment).  Hopefully we'll know more on Monday...

2 comments:

Becca said...

Ugh! All this waiting is driving me crazy....I can only imagine how crazy it's making you :) here's hoping for info on Monday!!

Sabrina Gardner said...

:( We hope you find out soon! The waiting game is no fun!