the mask keeps me from moving and messing up the radiation in my brain, it wouldn't be so bad if I could just swallow, but that thing is a bit tight all the way around. Getting puffy from the steroids hasn't helped at all with the tightness.
this is the linear particle accelerator that shoots extra powerful X-rays through my brain, hopefully killing the cancer cells. It moves around and shoots me mostly through the sides of the head.
here are some lovely bumps left from the mask just so you know I'm not kidding when I say it is snug.
my slightly lopsided smile with chubby steroid cheeks.
this is 2 days into radiation
this is 2 days into radiation
my slowly healing surgical incision.
Me finally doing some actual work around the house two months after surgery, boy am I lazy that it took me that long to help out.
turns out that radiation will eventually cause hair loss, at least now we know where it's going into my head...
not sure if you can tell the difference in the chubbiness of my cheeks, but it's getting worse...
this is 3 weeks into radiation (steroids are causing the chubbiness, but time is currently measured in radiation treatments)
ever wonder where hair goes when it is lost? Well, what didn't end up on my shirt ended up in the sink.
what ended up in the sink really ended up in the garbage.










2 comments:
Dude, you posted pics of your bald spots! You're totally awesome!
Thanks for that little peek into your daily radiation routine! (I don't know how you handle that mask. I got claustrophobic, just looking at the pics!) Seriously, it's awesome that they let you document what the machines look like, so we can see what's going on.
It's great to see you up and about. Love you, man!
If you hadn't told me that last picture was you, I'm not sure I'd believe it. Holy chubbiness from steroids, batman!
Wearing that mask does not look fun!! I hope those laser beams are zapping the cancer!!
Post a Comment