So, radiation and chemo have been put off a few days yet again, which is frustrating, but bearable.
I spent a good chunk of this morning reading back on the blog and various email updates about my hospital stay and recovery from surgery and I am feeling compelled to express some gratitude for all the help, support, prayers, kind thoughts and comments and other service given so freely by so many. You have all been so good to me and my family, please know that we are truly grateful. Thank you! If any part of this ordeal has been uplifting or beneficial to you in any way, we love hearing about it, that’s why we made the choice to tell people about it here, and it’s nice to have choices like that validated. Please, especially be mindful of Rachel and all that she does and puts up with and be generous in her praise, which would be impossible to overstate. The poor woman has practically lost her husband, temporarily, and has been being a single, pregnant Mom to four kids all while taking care of a near-to-invalid man who once a functional husband and father, she rarely lets on how discouraging that can be, especially when there’s no garantee that things are going to work out the way we hope.
Thanks, Mark
6 comments:
So, I'm realizing that it's hard to ask for positive feedback if it is there without sounding like i'm fishing for compliments, so I apologize if that is how it comes across, but I really just want everyone to know we like hearing about any good that is coming to anyone because of this, even if it is not directly to us.
Fish away Mark :)
But seriously, your wife is amazing. I am continually amazed by the graceful way that she is handling this difficult and scary situation. I couldn't believe the composure she had when I was there in Utah, let alone the positive outlook. I seriously think I would be a ball of mush but she is handling the situation with a grace and strength that is astounding. Make sure she that she gets enough rest to keep that baby inside of her healthy! Love you guys and your cute family.
That's got to be kind of frustrating that plans keep changing. We also think that Rachel is amazing! We're sad that we're so far away, feeling like there's not much we can do to support you guys but pray. I already told Rachel, but whenever Beth hears either of your names she says, "We need to pray for Mark and Rachel because they're really sick." I appreciate her sweet sensitivity and reminders to pray, since that's all we can do. I'm sure that Rachel is incredibly heartsick, but she seems to be making the best of it and still trying to be courageous and optimistic. You both are inspirational, and I wish I could be as cheerful during the hard times.
Ok, but I haven't been doing it alone, by any stretch of the imagination. I have had a lot of help, especially with the kids and the house. I have an amazing family who has been willing to make sure someone is always here to help out. Thanks for being so awesome!
I will freely admit that RACHEL and MARK SCHOFIELD are my freakin heroes!!!
With all sincerity, Rob and I completely admire the grace, humility, and dignity with which you both have handled this truly beyond difficult set of circumstances.
xoxoxo
Thank you all for your kind comments.
Post a Comment