Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Random thoughts

Wow, time seems to be flying. I don’t know that I can remember the last time two months went by so quickly as they have since my surgery. Maybe it just seems to go by quickly because of my expectations, it feels like two months out of surgury should have been enough time to lose some weight and get into better shape and lose some of the side-effects of surgery, like my raspy, monotone voice and stuff like that. But having never been through the brain cancer process before, what do I know? I guess in another rapidly coming month, I’ll know a little more, and if I think about it I may even be learning to accept not knowing as much as I want to know, which has always been a challenge for me, my curiosity and desire to know things has long been stronger than any sense of patience. But, when you have no choice, eventually the patience kicks in to keep you sane, Thankfully! I can hardly believe that Independence Day is almost upon us. I love this time of year! Being a patriotic sap, I find that the next little while will have me crying a lot, since the cancer hit I cry at all mentions of patriotism, sacrifice, death, courage, loss/sorrow, (pretty much anything these days) another wonderful effect of the cancer on my emotional state, and I was already a crier. At least Rachel is nice enough to laugh at me when I start crying for what is really not a good reason. Then we both end up laughing at me and have a good time. So, with that in mind, we should have a lot of fun this holiday season.

-Mark

2 comments:

Helen Hall said...

It's so great to hear from you again, Mark! You inspire me with all that you are learning and your upbeat attitude! You are very brave, and I appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts with us. Please tell Katie I think she is a wonderful Mama's helper, and I'm glad she posts your cute kids and her experiences on Facebook. And tell Rachel she is my heroine! I love her Blog posts, too! We pray for you across the ocean.

Mark said...

Thank you so much, Helen, that means a lot to us, I definitely have the best support in the world! I'll be sure to let them know that you also recognize what a great support team they are. I'm glad to hear that sharing our experience has been inspiring to you, I find so much to be inspired by every day, from big things to little things like youtube videos. in fact, here's a link to one that I found inspiring just the other day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448