We are finally seeing some of the predicted side-effects of radiation, namely, yesterday I started losing some hair. Today I have two full blown bald patches on the sides of my head. Or rather, I have one bald patch on each side of my head making two in total. Which confirms that the doctors have, in fact been accurate one aspect of the effects of radiation, and that's reassuring, until I realize that means I could get very tired any second now from radiation fatigue. So, if this post ends abruptly or with an incomplete sentence it could be the fatigue kicking in and I just couldn't finish this post before needing to go to bed and rest, or more hopefully, I'll continue to have just enough energy to do everything I need/want to do without needing a lot of naps. So, I guess I'll count this as good news shared, just because I can. Feel free to chime in; let's make a debate of it - Is hair loss good news or bad news?
-Mark
9 comments:
It does prove that they've really been doing radiation!
It also proves that you aren't really super human - which I've been thinking that you must be with the way you've dealt with everything that's been thrown at you!!!!
You are just Mark, who is spectacularly amazing in every way. Love you TONS!!!!!
How sick am I, if I want to see pics of the bald spots on either side of your head?
Fingers crossed that bald is the only side effect you have, and the fatigue stays at bay!
Rachel has pictures; as soon as we can locate a functioning card reader she'll put them up, and for the record, it doesn't make you a sick person to be curious and want pictures, it makes you awesome!
Mark, As I said on the phone, hair loss (especially in men) is also caused by old age...just saying.
By the way, it was good to talk to you and Rachel.
Luckily, while the patches continue to grow, the fatigue has yet to kick in, although I did sleep more last night than I have in quite a while, so who knows?
Well, for me, hair loss would definitely be a bad thing, (I think wigs are super itchy), but luckily for you, you get away with the bald thing quite nicely. As my grandmother would have said, 'he has such a nicely shaped head'. Weird, I know, just something she always said about my younger brother, Kevin. Who is totally bald!!
Thanks for sharing, I am also very inspired by you and your family!! Love to you all.
We have a friend here in Austria whose hair is growing back in thick and nice after chemo. That should cheer you up! :) Thank you for sharing the photos and your great humor and optimism, both of you!
By the way, you totally confused me by using Rachel's font!
Shortly before we got married, my wife to be told Grandpa Schofield that, "Bald is sexy." He blushed pretty good.
Bald is good.
Ben
Post a Comment