So, I got the pictures off my camera, and even found time/energy to go through them! Horray for life settling down with a set schedule again!
I guess I'll start at the beginning...
Here's the board in the ER that I took a picture of just because it was on my birthday (4/29)
Mark with a tasty treat from our amazing cousin Laurie! She lives out of state, but had it delivered to his room. How awesome is that?
Mark getting his hair cut. He had just cut it over the weekend, so there wasn't much for the guys to take off.
With a fresh hair cut and those 'life savers' (both descriptively and literally) on his head.
The surgeons used those during surgery in conjunction with an MRI to help make a map of his brain (at least, that's the impression I got from the descriptions they gave us)
The surgeons used those during surgery in conjunction with an MRI to help make a map of his brain (at least, that's the impression I got from the descriptions they gave us)
Here are Aunt Grandma's shoes. This is one of the many that were taken by the kidlets while Mark was in the ICU. Whatever it took for them to be comfortable with the situation was totally fine with me, especially when it's as cheap and easy as some digital pictures.
More from the 'kid pics'. This is Mark and I holding hands. This was a fairly constant thing for those first few days in the hospital.
'kid pic' of the toilet in Mark's room - always a necessary photo...
Annie getting in some good snuggle time with her Daddy.
This next one is a bit grody if you don't like bodily fluid.
This is the brain fluid that leaked out of Mark's head after they took out the brain drain.
And this last one is of Mark's crooked smile. It's not the best picture quality-wise, but you can see how differently the two different sides of his face moved. The left side of his smile is lower and smaller. You can also see in his eyes that his right eye is more able to squint for a smile than his left one. There's also a difference in the cheeks and how much of a crease there is on the two sides (how far back the mouth can get).
But the awesome part!
He was able to smile!!
3 comments:
I love that last pic! How many people can smile at a time like that?
p.s. The hand holding pic is super tender =).
Awh... that last pic is priceless! And I do LOVE the one of you two holding hands!
Also, now I want a cream cheese brownie. ... Or six.
Post a Comment