Thankfully the morning bus driver knows about poor Shelly and will keep an eye out for her. The drop off bus driver is a different driver and it might be interesting... :) They might try to usher her off the bus at her scheduled drop off and not bring her back here. There would be no way for me to know until it was too late.
Adventures! But Shelly is excited and everything will work out eventually. I'm just glad that Shelly is the 'bounce back' type and wouldn't be traumatized by 'fun bus adventures.'
Update:
She loved her first day! She couldn't remember most of what happened, except the snack part. There were M&M's and you had to say something about yourself based on the color you picked. Blue was a favorite food, but she didn't pick blue, she picked green - and she doesn't remember what green was for... :) There were also skittles and crackers. Oh, and Becca came over and got more out of her about her fist day than I did. She told Becca that she "faced her fears" and went down the big slide. Can't forget that!
The bus picked her up just fine, but it was a different driver for the ride home, and we had told her that unless she was in front of our house to not get off and I would pick her up at school, so she ended up back at school. I actually drove to her scheduled drop off while Mark waited at our house with the kids. I parked far enough away that she wouldn't see the car, but close enough that I could see if she got off and pick her up if I needed too. She didn't get off, so I followed the bus back to school and chatted with her driver. I think all will work out just fine. It might take a day or two more to work out the details, but that's fine.
She loved her first day! She couldn't remember most of what happened, except the snack part. There were M&M's and you had to say something about yourself based on the color you picked. Blue was a favorite food, but she didn't pick blue, she picked green - and she doesn't remember what green was for... :) There were also skittles and crackers. Oh, and Becca came over and got more out of her about her fist day than I did. She told Becca that she "faced her fears" and went down the big slide. Can't forget that!
The bus picked her up just fine, but it was a different driver for the ride home, and we had told her that unless she was in front of our house to not get off and I would pick her up at school, so she ended up back at school. I actually drove to her scheduled drop off while Mark waited at our house with the kids. I parked far enough away that she wouldn't see the car, but close enough that I could see if she got off and pick her up if I needed too. She didn't get off, so I followed the bus back to school and chatted with her driver. I think all will work out just fine. It might take a day or two more to work out the details, but that's fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment