Friday, August 12, 2011

Cats!

For some reason stray cats end up on the farm on an almost regular basis.  Some are tame and fun to have around, others are feral and attack people coming out of the house.  The favorites, at least for a while, are the kittens.  When tame cats have kittens, the kids are hard to keep away from them.  A favorite of JB and Ethan had babies this summer (or was is Spring?  I can't keep track anymore) and the momma cat left her litter on the front porch to keep them out of the weather.  It did not take long for the kids to find them.

 Ethan, Elmina and Shelly - each with their own kitty


 Jason watching from above



 Shelly and Elmina, peeking over the porch wall

 That's a great spot to sit!  It's the kind of place I would have sat if I had lived in this house when I was a teenager.


 Even Emily likes the kittens

 Of course, she has a different idea of how to play with them then the other kids...

The kitten hid from her behind the rug :)

No comments: