The kids had their first dentist appointment today (Well, first for Jason and Emily. Shelly had seen the dentist once in CA). All three of them. At the same time. I'm not sure why offices seem to think it's easier to bring them all in at the same time. It's a nightmare for the parent. Especially when they're all little, and it's their first time, and I have another baby to worry about... How am I supposed to make sure that the one on the chair is okay and behaving and keep the others out of trouble at the same time?
Ok, enough of that... I realize that I'm lucky to have family nearby who are willing to babysit at the drop of a hat (almost literally) and that most parents would prefer to not have to find babysitters three different times. So, back to the dentist.
Ok, enough of that... I realize that I'm lucky to have family nearby who are willing to babysit at the drop of a hat (almost literally) and that most parents would prefer to not have to find babysitters three different times. So, back to the dentist.
They started out getting x-rays of their teeth.
Shelly was a champ - she only gagged twice and they only had to re-do one shot that didn't turn out. (ok, that's not really champ status, but she didn't complain at all - that's good right?)
The kids figured out all by themselves that Shelly got to go first on the x-rays, and Jason got to go first with the hygienist, so it was Emily's turn to go first with the dentist.
Apparently she has a little bit of a discolored tooth - probably the result of one of her several falls lately. It should be fine and/or go away.
She has 4 cavities. Well, three for sure and one of them is a kissing cavity, and could end up being nothing. They're on opposite sides of her mouth, so we scheduled 2 appointments for her to come in and get them fixed.
We took them to get ice cream at Arctic Circle and then went to play at Ethan's house. He's having his tonsils out tomorrow, so we won't be able to go over and play for a while. I loved the face she made when she tried to take the lid off this pen!
No comments:
Post a Comment