Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day

There's a tradition in the Schofield family to put flowers on graves for Memorial Day. We all went out to the cemetery on Sunday night to help and to remember family. Elaine had brought some extra flowers, and since Grandma and Grandpa were in the same cemetery, I got to put some flowers on their grave. I had never seen the headstone in person before, and since we had been there less than a month ago, I remembered right where it was. We also drove out to where Grammy and Grandad were buried and put some flowers on their grave too. It was raining rather heavily at the time, and I had originally left the house in flip flops, so I got rather wet and cold - especially hunting for Grammy and Grandad's grave. We did find it, about where we thought it would be, but we second guessed ourselves about 1 row before we would have run into it and hunted in the wrong place... Happens to me all the time!

Helen and Tracy went out to visit Grandma and Grandpa's grave and took pictures. I thought I'd share.

This is the location of Grandma and Grandpa's grave

Helen with the headstone

This is the front. A view of the mountains from their house, with the Y and everything, a photo and some favorite scriptures on the bottom (or relevant scripture, I'm not sure which, but they so do match who they were)

And this is the back. I think that mountain view is the view from the meadow - but I'm not sure, and the names of their kids. It's a really pretty headstone!

No comments: