Hershel got a mission call to serve in the North Carolina, Raleigh mission. The Clingers will throw the outgoing missionaries a shower to help them get all their supplies for their mission. We went to Hershel's even though Annie was less than two weeks old. Mark was working, so I got the kids ready, loaded them up and headed out, hoping and assuming that there would be help there if I needed it.
Shelly had fun on the tramp - until others wanted to jump too
Flying hair!
She's jumping pretty high for a 5 year old who's never been on a tramp before.
Jason took a turn too, but he didn't last long.
Emily waited until everyone else was off and then hopped on. All by herself. Climbed up the ladder next to it, and got stuck trying to climb over the springs...
And help her bounce a bit too.
Jason fell off the swing again (the second time it was my fault. I was pushing him and pushed the swing right out from underneath him. Those are not the most sturdy swings around.)
And then Emily fell out of her swing. I was pushing her (again, sorta my fault), and she started slipping out of the safety swing. She slipped all the way out at the top of a swing (all the way forward) and did a back slap (is that a term?) on the edge of the pavement where it hit the grass. I tried to catch her - I was pushing her from the front - but only slowed her down. It's a good thing I did that much though, because her head would have (and did a little) hit right on the edge of the cement and we'd probably have been in the hospital with her if she'd hit that the way gravity wanted her to.
The kids were self destructing, (with a little help from their mother...) and it was time to go.
Happy Mission anyways Hershel!
No comments:
Post a Comment