Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Have Amazing Family!

I'm not really certain what possessed Cindy and Katie to agree to this plan - even more than agree, they suggested it! They called me up one day a month or so ago and asked me if they could take the kids for me sometime this summer - and even better, they asked me when would be best for me; before or after the baby? I quickly said 'before, please!' The idea of having a break to sleep and rest and get stuff done before the baby came seemed like a heavenly idea! Plus, I doubt they would have taken the newborn, and strangely enough, for me anyways, one baby is harder than 4 (I think - I know it's true of 3, but I guess I can't guarantee the 4). The older kids are great at fetching things for me, entertaining each other and probably the baby, and even doing some basic errands around the house (getting food/blankets/toys etc).

Anyways, we got it all planned. Jason had his last Talking Time day Monday, and the plan was for Mark and I to drive the kids down and spend a day or two and then head back up without the kids. Katie and Cindy would drive them back up when the baby was born - Due June 4th, but not likely to come until we induce the next week (the actual date is still up for debate - trying to decide between the 6th and the 9th - Mark's work schedule keeps changing on us, so we'll see).

We had a few glitches in that plan. Mark's work schedule changed (twice), and then my body kept saying 'please don't make me drive that far!' It was tragic really, I usually love to drive, and to have Cedar be on the other end of that trip is even better! I was sad to not get to go and spend time with Cindy and Katie or say goodbye to the kiddles. Elaine volunteered to drive down with Mark so that he didn't have to deal with potentially car sick kids all by himself. So, they left me just after dinner on Monday night and off they went to Cedar. Mark and Elaine came back Tuesday in the early afternoon - without the kids! I'd love to say that I'm going to miss them (I will really), but mostly I hope to be asleep for the first week. Maybe I'll miss them the second week... :)

Here's some of the pictures that Elaine took while they were there.

Jason playing on Aunt Grandma's iPad

Daddy and Emmie Sue

Cheese!

Shelly waiting for her turn - I have no idea who let her wear those pant with that shirt.... (she got dirty playing outside before they left, and those were the only pants she had at Grandma's)

Mark making sure Emily can maneuver the attic stairs safely. She can, btw.

Aunt Grandma has some great toys!

The kids love playing with this Little People set - at least they have all the other times we've gone to visit - I'm assuming that hasn't changed much

Cindy playing with Emily

They enjoy standing on this ball too - I keep waiting for them to try it without Cindy holding on with her feet... That will be an interesting day!

Emily wants a turn

Trying to get in the right spot

Yea! She did it!

Jason did his own thing on the ball

Upside Down Mr Man!

I think he's trying to jump, but I wasn't there, so don't take my word for it

Shelly found a duck.

All things considered, I think the kids are going to have fun! I just hope Cindy and Katie don't regret it!

Thanks guys! You're awesome!!

No comments: