Some pictures from the grave site where Grandma was buried this weekend. Mom forgot her camera, so she borrowed mine that she gave me a few years ago when it stopped working the way she wanted it to. (I was the only one in the family with the right lenses to fit it - and I lived with her - double bonus! The only problem is that apparently the lens on my camera is not a wide angle lens - or even a normal angle lens - I must have bought it with something other than large groups in mind... So, some of the group pictures of extended family are split into two pictures.)

Here's the pall bearers to the middle
Forest, Ian, Nate, William, Seth, Rob, Jacob, Michael

From the middle
Sean, Bjorn, Curt, Johnny, Jeff, Karl, Erik

Carrying the casket


Part of the gathered group. The sitters are Kristen (with a grandchild on her lap), Judy Nelson, DeAnne Garnder (wife of Grandpa's brother Williard), and Helen

The siblings (in age order from youngest to oldest)
Maggie, Ann, Eric, Dad (Robert), Rebecca, Kris, John, Helen

Here's 1/2 of the cousins

Here's the other half
After large group pictures were done, most of the families split into taking individual pictures.

And some just wanted to sit on Uncle Bryan's head...

Those two cute girls in pink were practically inseparable the whole weekend. They had a lot of fun playing together

Grace and Jenny

Lizzie and Shelly

Come on girls, we're trying to take a picture! :)

Family photos are a production!

I guess it's a good thing that everyone always cooperates...

This one was mostly good!

Or was it this one? I can't tell anymore

We moved to the light for better exposure. We lost a kid in the process though - Don't worry, Grace is in the picture, just behind everyone (Emily was with the Schofields, she had not been sleeping well, so they volunteered to let her nap during the funeral - they brought her to the dinner at the church afterwards)

And Jason immediately resumed his position on top of Uncle Bryan's shoulders

Me, Nate and Katie having fun (is that allowed? at a funeral??)

Jenny striking a pose

Nate and Katie following suit

The casket

The pretty flowers

Three generations of Robert Gardner's
I love how excited baby Robby is in this one

But I really love that this is the very next picture!
Such a quick turn around!

Aunt Katie with a rather tired Emily (is that Robby's pacifier she has? I wonder if that's why he was so grumpy in those last pictures...)

We tried to take a family picture after all was said and done, but I think we were all tired. This is about as good as it got...
Thanks for trying Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment