Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner


So, I'm a little behind, but I have the photo of the pie that Mark and I made - Mark made the crust, and I did the filling, so I figured I'd just add all the other food we made to the list too.

Mom and Dad invited the singles in their ward who didn't have anywhere else to go to come over for Thanksgiving. We made quite a bit of food. Thankfully Mom and I were practiced since just two weeks before Mom and I had cooked basically a Thanksgiving dinner for the entire singles ward (100 people), with just a little bit of help from another couple - oh, and Dad helped carve (and Mark helped watch the kids!!)

For Thanksgiving we brined and basted a 20lb turkey, made gravy, made 15 lbs of homemade yukon gold potatoes, made Granny dressing from scratch - even down to the loaves of bread, made pumpkin delight, tasty sweet potatoes casserole, broccoli with parmesan and bread crumbs, two kinds of homemade rolls (mine and Mom's), pumpkin pie, apple pie, lemon pie (that was not the success we were hoping for - but it wasn't bad for a first try), cream cheese pie, and 2 kinds of home made ice cream (vanilla and cookies and cream). Other people brought green bean casserole, cheesy mashed potatoes and a boxed stuffing. We had 15 family members and about that many singles come. All in all it was quite the fun, filling meal.

No comments: