Our first stop was Buzz Lightyear where I totally whooped Shelly (and even Mark!).


On the way out Shelly wanted to buy something. She kept talking about the money she has in her piggy bank (really it's a car they can paint, but it's the same concept) and we found a cheap toy for her to use the money on. She had about 30 cents in the car, and we didn't bring any of it, but I had enough change in my wallet to buy it with change so she thought we were using her money. It was kinda fun to have her think she was buying her own stuff. When we got home, she then gave me all the money from her bank.
Then we decided we were hungry and went and got some pasta and pizza. Shelly got her own kid pizza and ate away.
We were on our way to take her on the Rockets when we realized she was tall enough for Space Tours, so we detoured to see if she's like that ride. I was nervous that it would scare her, but after it was over she practically screamed 'I liked that ride!' We had to coach her a few times to use her inside voice. Then the whole way out she was talking about how she went into space and almost ran into a comet and then got shot at and she was just a little bit nervous, but it was still fun.
Then we headed over to the Rockets.
After the rockets we were going to head over to see the fireworks on our way out, but Shelly decided she wanted to go on a driving car ride, so we turned around and headed to Autopia instead. She almost fell asleep while walking to the ride, but once she saw it she got quite excited.
For future reference, during the fireworks is a horrible time to get on Autopia. There aren't enough people to cycle through the cars, and, since the passengers are the ones who move the cars, once you're on you have to wait until after they're over and for people to head over before you can get off.
For future reference, during the fireworks is a horrible time to get on Autopia. There aren't enough people to cycle through the cars, and, since the passengers are the ones who move the cars, once you're on you have to wait until after they're over and for people to head over before you can get off.
Shelly got to go over the intercom and tell the passengers not to bump, but she was to tired that she didn't really get it. (it was after 9:30 by this point, and she usually goes to bed at 7:30)
She fell asleep in Mark's arms on the way to the tram. The poor kid. She was so tired that when I had her climb into her car seat she slipped and fell face first onto the floor. (her and Jason are in the back of the minivan and Emily and an empty seat are in the front bench seat - easier on extra passengers to not have to dodge seat belts and nicer to the kid who would otherwise be by themselves in the back) I couldn't get to her from the side of the car I was on, so I had to run around the car to save her. She passed out on the way home - once she calmed down from the fall. She seemed to have a blast, and it was fun for Mark and I to get to spend some one on one time with her.
1 comment:
Such a fun idea to have a day just with her. I can't believe how big she is getting! What a cute girl you've got! I love that she got to spend her own money. So cute!
Post a Comment