Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Dinosaur is Sleeping!

Shelly asked Santa for a nice dinosaur that walks and talks and runs on batteries for Christmas (don't ask - I don't know). For the first two days Jason was terrified of the dinosaur when it would make noise. He's since gotten over that fear. Yesterday while I was doing something on the computer he was playing with it and would turn it on and then protect me from it. It was rather distracting from whatever I was doing, so I told Jason it was time to take a break and I turned off the dinosaur. He was so sad that it wouldn't work when he pushed the button and was crying that it ran out of batteries! Grammy was sitting right next to me on the couch and told Jason that the dino was tired and needed to rest before his batteries would work again. He immediately laid the dino down to rest and then would pick him back up and check to see if his batteries were working again, and when the button didn't work he would lay the dino back down again. It took us a time or two to catch on to what he was doing, but once we got it, we exploited it! Jason got a pillow for the dino on his own, but we encouraged the blanket.


Here's the dinosaur resting. Jason got the pillow on his own, but we encouraged the blanket!

Jason gave the dinosaur a kiss goodnight - that was also all him!

Then he got upset that the flash was too bright for the dino's eyes!

Here's Jason resting with the dinosaur!

No comments: