I stopped by to get our stuff out of the car and take some pictures!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Our Poor Corolla...
Last night was going fine, nothing overly out of the ordinary happening at home, when the phone rang. Mom answered before the caller ID worked (why does she even have caller id!?!? :) and everything changed. She was worried and asking if everyone was ok and then handed the phone over to me... Mark had been in a crash. A car had stopped in front of him on the freeway and then disappeared. By the time the smoke cleared from the air bags deploying the car was gone. Mark had lost his glasses somewhere in the car in the crash, and had an adventure trying to pull over the side of the road without being able to see... Since there was no one else there to worry about, he called the house and I went to help. First thing I did was help him find his glasses, and then we called AAA for a tow. While we were waiting a Freeway Service Patrol tow truck pulled up, and told us it was our call if we wanted to report the crash or not - we decided against it - there was too much going on for us to make a rational decision, and since the other guy was gone why bother. He also said I should probably leave and just pick Mark up at the auto shop where we were dropping the car. So I left to go get some food for us (it was about that time) and an hour after the crash they finally got the car moving off the road. There was enough damage to the car that it will cost more to fix than the car is worth, so it's a total loss.
I stopped by to get our stuff out of the car and take some pictures!


Worse things could have happened and we're just glad that Mark is ok!
I stopped by to get our stuff out of the car and take some pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! Scary! I am really glad that Mark is okay. And that there was no one in the passenger seat because that side looks extra bad!
Post a Comment