That little bit didn't last too long, but it was so much fun that we had a candy making session the next Saturday. Mom, Katie, Mark and I got together to spend a few hours making candy and ended up with 13 batches. Mom made the most (although she also had the ones that went together the fastest): Ego Boosters, Rocky Road Fudge, her mom's Rocky Road, her Fudge (good stuff!) with and without nuts. Katie got two batches of Peanut Butter Balls (smooth and crunchy) and dipped them in chocolate and finished off the chocolate with some cashew clusters. Mark spent an hour by the stove making two double batches of almonds (Orange Almond Sweeties and Oriental Almonds). I made Caramels and two kinds of Bark (one batch each with peppermint and cherry candy canes) then got the toffee started that Mark helped with and I finished off with chocolate on top.
I think I'll call this a success! We started at 3 and had to break at 5 for the ward party and did the finishing touches and last batch or two at 8. We finally headed to bed at 11, after talking, laughing, and cleaning! We'll probably do this again!
3 comments:
Wow! I call for another session when I'm there to help make and eat it!
Okay... what is an Ego Booster? Fudge, caramels, almond bark, etc., are familiar to me... but an Ego Booster, not so much. Dish.
Ego Booster's are kinda fun. In the pictures they are the white blobs in the bottom corner of the middle picture and towards the top of the bottom picture. I think they got their name from the lady who gave my mom-in-law the recipe. She would make them and give them away and people would tell her how good they were and they would boost her ego => Ego Boosters...
Basically it's colored mini marshmallows mixed with Fruit Loops and nuts (we use cashews and peanuts) and coated with white chocolate laced with almond extract. Super easy to put together, and rather nummy to eat!
Post a Comment