Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas!

Becca and Bryan (officially engaged as of last night) wanted matching footsie pajamas for Christmas. Apparently they are both tall and the bum flap kept trying to come un-velcroed for them. Bryan also got a Weezer snuggie and Mom had no idea what a Weezer was… That was worth a laugh, and it kept Doug warm.

Nate and Doug both got laser pointers. Jason was quite put out that there was a green dot on his shirt that wouldn’t go away when he caught it, and it kept moving!!

I thought this was rather funny. Shelly got a princess Little People set (actually two, one from each grandma) and Jason got some Geo-Tracks. So, of course, just to throw us all a curve ball, Jason wanted to play with the princess set, and Shelly wanted to train tracks… Should I be worried for their futures??

I have no idea what got this into Shelly’s head, but she was certain, for several weeks, that she wanted a walking, talking dinosaur that runs on batteries. Only after much questioning did she specify that she also wanted it be a ‘nice dinosaur’. I admit that I probably shouldn’t have asked, but I was sure that she had gotten the idea from somewhere and if Santa brought one at all and it was the wrong one, she would be devastated and then she’d throw a fit and I’d have to discipline her on Christmas, and she’d be grumpy the rest of the day. I’d rather not get one at all than get the wrong one (distraction is easy when you’re little and there would be much else for her to play with - and yes, the idea of not getting one at all prevailed so long, that it wasn’t until my Mom told me I should hurry and get one that Mark and I took advantage of free babysitting on the 23rd or so and spent a night out after getting one at the store). Jason was terrified of it for the first 2 or 3 days, and Shelly wanted to take it on a walk…

Here’s our cool set up with Geo-Tracks! Go Aunt Katie!

No comments: