So, I've been worried about Jason's speech for a while now. I've tried my best to keep in the background, but I can't help but laugh when I think of this funny story! The other morning Jason came into my room and asked so nicely ['eeeeze'] for a marshmallow (I have a bag in my nightstand that's been there longer than it should have - the kids are really the only ones that eat them, and they only get about 1-2 a week each - they're rather sticky at this point! anyways, not the story...). When I didn't respond to him immediately - I was asleep after all - he asked again so nicely 't - eeeeze!' There was such an obvious pause between the 't' and the 'eeeze' it was rather comical. I laughed enough it woke me up, and who can resist a cute 2 year old asking for sugar so early in the morning!
Another story:
Shelly has been completely potty trained for quite some time now. She's been doing good at taking naps during the day and not making a mess and I haven't even thought about it for so long I completely forgot what to do with her when she makes a mess... In the last 2 weeks she's decided that diapers are more her style and when we try to put her in panties in only results in a mess for us to either clean up or wish we could find so we can clean it up [icky!!] Just this morning I rememered the book that my mom-in-law lent me for potty training and was about to go consult it when I remembered what to do!! [go me!] So the next time I found Shelly with wet pants we 'practiced' about 4 times (it's supposed to be 10, but I ran out of places to practice from upstairs and I can't run that well anymore!) and she's been good so far since. Granted, it's only been most of one day, but compared to almost never using the toilet over the last week or more to using it 4-5 times and even interupting an activity to go potty! I'll take it! I might have to 'practice' with her a time or two more over the next couple of days just to make sure it sticks, but it's such a relief!! I just hope I rememeber to do that sooner the next time one of the kids has a regression like that...
5 comments:
I love your stories about your kids, I really do.
Also, I'm grooving on the new background. I love the red, white & blue! :-)
Jason is too cute! I'm glad you figured out a way to get Shelly potty trained again. Hope it sticks!!
Oh Jason...I just want to kiss his cute cheeks right now!
Those are funny stories. I may need the book when I start to potty train Sydney in like, oh lets say a year or so from now. When are you expecting again?
Only 6 more weeks to go - although that's probably not overly accurate... One of my docs said they might induce a week early, and I have a tendency to go over by a week or more, so anywhere from 5-7 weeks, really.
Post a Comment