Unfortunately, we didn't think of taking a picture of this while it was happening (I know, hard to imagine since we are all related to Debra) but even if we had thought of it, we were all busy man-handling the child : ) We did, however, get a picture of Michelle once we were done and she had a smiley-face sticker on the bandage (not that she really needed a bandage...but ALL 3-year-olds need unnecessary bandages to feel better...and it somehow helps.) As we walked back to my office, Michelle held her hand out like she had just had major surgery on it; by the time I got home from work at 3, you would never know anything had happened to her hand. (No picture here because the one-and-only picture to document this event is on Katie's camera.)
As a side note, Mark and Rachel have spent the day making fun of me (excellent!) because I called to ask if Michelle had a recent tetanus shot (I guess any tetanus shot a 3-year-old had would be "recent"). The nurse asked us and we had no idea, so I called Irvine to ask. I would never have thought to ask that question over a sliver...but who am I to put life and limb (or hand) of cute little Michelle on the line! (So you have my permission to make fun of me about this at my funeral; right before or after Laurie sings.)
This evening Katie graduated from Institute so we went to support her.
No comments:
Post a Comment