Having Shelly here was crazy, fun, hectic, and very tiring! It was finals week for me and I had quite the time juggling watching Shelly and getting things ready for finals. Luckily, I only had one test that I had to take. In one class I had to show up but we had already taken the test last week and if we showed up for the final day we got 4 extra points added to our score. And since I'm all for free points, I went to the final. I ended up taking Shelly with me (she was actually really excited to go to school and did a good job of sitting quietly and drawing a picture of the snacks I forgot to bring). In another class I had a take home final that I worked on while Shelly took a 5 hour nap (I was quite surprised she slept that long, but I wasn't complaining!). For my other classes we didn't have to meet. When I had to be somewhere that Shelly couldn't go, I just left her with Cindy. It worked out very well for all of us.
Shelly and I had fun going to the park, watching Curious George over and over again (the same two episodes I should add), playing with water, going to Cindy's office, meeting my friends at the ward FHE, taking naps, having a picnic, and just about anything else that came to her mind that I was willing to do.
Here's a hodgepodge of pictures from the week. I have a few more on my phone, but I don't feel like going to the effort of getting them on here right now, maybe later :) Enjoy!!
I graduated from Institute!!!!
(and, yes, I did steal this from Cindy's blog, incase you were wondering)
Shelly with her drawings of Cindy, herself, me, and her snacks that she drew when in class with me.
She's just too cute in this picture!
We went to McDonald's with Cindy for dinner one night. Shelly had more fun running around than actually eating anything.
Becca convinced Shelly to hug a tree, but Shelly had to hug the tree down low because there were pokies higher up, her words not mine.
We headed to the bookstore to find a SUU sweater and monkey for Becca (she needed something to show off where she got her Master's Degree)
On the way home from the bookstore, Shelly got a sliver in her hand. We went to the campus health clinic to get it out. Too bad we didn't know that Shelly would freakout on us. We finally just decided to hold the girl down to get it out. In the end Shelly got a band-aid and a smiley face sticker for being "brave".
Cindy and Shelly showing off Shelly's band-aid
(I'm not sure what's with the look on Shelly's face....)
No comments:
Post a Comment