Can I even begin to explain how exciting going to the doctors all the time can be? Probably not. I should save that for someone who likes going to the doctors. I must say one thing though - it's made the time go quite a bit faster. I've had a doctors appointment almost every week since early April just with the random doctors they've tried to send me to, and now I get to go in twice a week until I deliver. This newest development is kinda fun though - as long as I don't have to take the kids with me. I get to do NST testing twice a week. I keep getting different answers as to why I get to start so early - at the doctors office before we started scheduling apts they said it was the diabetes [GDM] (which I still don't think I have, really - I'm determined to not get diagnosed with this again... I know tricks now! ;), but then when I called to set up appointments, they said it was the hypothryoidism - they didn't normally start so soon for GDM.
For those who don't know what NST testing is [I've had them with two kids, and I still had to be reminded], I get to sit in a comfy chair and have some monitors strapped to my belly measuring the baby's heart rate and my belly's contractions. Then they do a quick ultrasound to measure amniotic fluid. It takes anywhere from 20-45 minutes depending on how quickly the baby does what it's supposed to do. Quite relaxing if I don't have two kids to chase around while sitting quite still and not interupting the measurments!
Adventures! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment