Saturday, May 9, 2009

In the Life of Me!

Ok, so a bit of an explanation for the last couple of months. Apparently pregnancy wears me out more than I thought it did... I've had a myriad of doctors appointments in the last 2 months. Endocrinologist (Thyroid - Hashimotos), Registered Dietetian (I think that's what she was - for Gestational Diabetes (GDM)), Paranatalogist (Hashimotos, GDM), regular OB appts, Dr appts (Apparently the Certified Mid Wives don't want the pressure of all my 'medical problems' - except for getting rather tired rather quickly, I don't really think I have any medical problems!! I think they're just being over cautious - although the thyroid is real, but it's rather minor once it's under control). I took the random glucose test (drank that NASTY! stuff just after breakfast and then went to have my blood drawn before my ob appt) and it came back a tiny bit high, so they made me do the 3 hour test (NASTY!! stuff again!!) and my glucose levels were just the tiniest bit high [I've since realized that if I had thought to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water during the first hour, it would have come back normal - it was on the number that it's not supposed to be above (1 point off!) - the second number was high, but you need 2 high numbers to get diagnosed - Frustrations!] and I've been on this strict diet ever since. It is a much healthier way to eat than I had previously been eating and it's probably just as well. I get to eat smaller meals 6 times a day (they're timed, and I'm given a list of what types of foods to eat when) and then I get to test my glucose (finger prick!) levels 4 times a day (in the morning, and then after the major meals). That plus running after 2 toddlers makes for quite the tiring days for me. And I still practically pass out at church every week! We had thought it might be my blood sugar was the problem, but after taking my glucose monitor to church we discovered that wasn't the problem. Only at my last appointment this last week did my doc semi confirm what I had been thinking since my blood sugar discovery. It's possible that it's my blood pressure dropping! I get to stand up/walk around/move my legs at least once during the almost 1 1/2 hour sacrament meeting. I'm not sure that sounds exciting. When I start feeling that way, the last thing I want to do is try to stand up in from of 300 people and show them just how well I can stand [aka fall]!

I had a nice break with only Jason at home for more than a week! It was nice. I was able to actually do stuff! It's so much easier only having to deal with one child when there are errands to be run! I was able to go to D-land and get my B-day gift card! [if you have a season pass they give you a gift card worth the price of admission instead of getting in free]. Jason also learned to do random things that previously Shelly used to do [i.e. finding poop for Daddy to scoop, instead of stepping in it!], and he tried to take over Shelly's sleeping spot on the green chair - that didn't last any longer than the minute Shelly saw him in her bed! He's now mostly sleeping either in the toddler bed or on the floor. We only use the crib when he asks to go in there, or when he's too cranky to handle sleeping anywhere else.

Ok, this is getting really long! We have a BBQ to get cooking! Matt and Sabrina are on their way down to spend the summer in Sunny Southern California while Matt is at a Google internship. They should be here in an hour or two and it might be nice to feed them - although they stopped at In-N-Out in Vegas and might not be in the mood for burgers, but that's just too darn bad! ;) And apparently we're in a rush because the parental units need to head to Doug's Sussical play! AAHH!! Oh, the stress and drama!!

[I should add - just in case anyone is wondering why they don't remember seeing all these old posts - Cindy showed me how to change the post date and now it looks like I've been keeping up! I haven't been, really... Besides today, the last time I actually posted was in Feb]

No comments: