I've been feeling like a slacker because I haven't put anything up here in forever, so I decided I'd take the time today to at least get organized and see what pictures I needed to put up and if there were any good stories to go along with them. Once I opened my photo program I realized another way in which I've been a huge slacker. All of the photos are still on my camera and I'm not even sure I know where it is. I'm too lazy to go find it and download them right now, so I'll get to that later... I have a few fun stories instead.
While we were up in Utah (yes, this was almost 2 months ago) Shelly was closing the kitchen door of G-ma and G-pa Schofield's house while Mark and I and G-ma were in the living room and Jason was in the kitchen. Normally closed doors aren't a huge problem for Shelly - she's been able to open doors for so long I've forgotten there was ever a time when she couldn't - but this particular kitchen door has a tendency to get stuck. Easy enough for an adult with some leg power to open, but for a three year old with almost no leverage - it's stuck. She had been asked several times to leave the door open and kept closing it anyways. Mark decided to be the awesome father that he is and took over discipline for me (thanks honey!!). He eventually needed to put Shelly on time out (when asking nicely and explaining didn't work). After the time out they were having their talk about what went wrong and what to do in the future when Shelly comes out and says 'it's not assetable [acceptable] for the door to be open!' So, she said the word all wrong, but her usage was quite good for a three-year-old-for-two-weeks kid (at least I like to think so). Apparently my using large words with her hasn't been as horrible for her as it seems sometimes...
No comments:
Post a Comment