I've been exhausted being pregnant and was so grateful to finally have the blood-work to prove it! I try to tell the doctors that I've been super tired lately, and they just say 'pregnancy will do that to you!' Not the most helpful answer when at times I'm so weak I can't even make it up the stairs and several times a day I don't have enough energy to lift my hand to my mouth to feed myself (I'm not kidding here. I could make it to the table, barely, with help from Mark - but then I couldn't do anything more than stare at the plate - that is if I could even continue sitting up) This didn't happen all the time. Mostly I was fairly normal (just generally tired) but about 3-4 times a day I would 'crash' and couldn't do a thing. Sometimes sitting was too hard for me and I'd literally fall down to laying on the couch and couldn't do a thing to stop myself or even get comfortable. I'd just .. fall. These episodes would last for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes and then I would be fine again... So, thankfully my blood-work showed that I was low on my thyroid dose and they upped it enough that now I'm just tired and I only 'crash' about 1-2 times a week instead of about 3-4 times a day! Much better!! And that's even getting better! I was also a bit anemic so I take an iron pill (along with my thyroid pill and my prenatal vitamin. All three have to be taken a few hours apart - I swear I don't think of myself as quite the old and decrepit person that I normally think of when I picture people taking tons of pills at various intervals during the day). Life is good now that I can function again!! So, back to updating (don't expect too much though - I'm still the lazy bum who's always been here, now I just have more energy to be lazy)
For a while now I've been wanting to do a 'Shelly's funny sleeping places' post, but she's decided to only sleep in one place now. She must have gone through every possible spot she could think of and found her favorite and now she's done experimenting. She would sleep on her bed, in the crib (before we moved Jason in there), on the window seat, on the floor, on the other side of the floor, on the chair and similar type places in the office where she would nap so we could have her and Jason nap in separate rooms (they sleep better during the day when they're apart, and better at night when they're together - strange...). Shelly settled on sleeping mostly on the chair at about the same time I realized I should be taking pictures of her asleep in all these funny places. Oh well. I did manage to get a few fun ones anyways.
2 comments:
Glad you are feeling better. Love the updates; keep the pictures coming. I think some pictures (better yet, video) of Michelle playing on the Wii would be good (according to Becca).
Rachel,
I love the sleeping pictures. All parents LOVE sleeping pictures! I remember Keith & Paula having a "cube" of pictures of Baby Greg asleep. I have an entire photo album of nothing but sleeping pictures! Almost every one tells a story.
Post a Comment