Friday, February 27, 2009

Disneyland!

It had been a while since we had gone to Disneyland. I hadn't been feeling good, our passes had expired, Shelly turned 3 and we now needed a ticket for her - I think the last time I took the kids had been sometime in early December. We finally got a chance where Mark, Shelly and I could all go and get our passes renewed at the same time and spend time with family! Turned out to be quite fun. My cousins were there for a funeral (yup - they went to Disneyland while they were visiting for a funeral - aren't they awesome!) and we got to go with them for a few hours in the morning. Doug was also performing with Entertainers. They've gone with an all Disney song package this year, so it was even more fun to see it for the first time at Disneyland! And it was pouring rain all morning. Good times.

Jason staring at a random pole while we waited for Doug's performance to start

Most of the crowd! Seth is sitting on Laurie's lap (all we get to see is her hair), Aunt Grandma, Grammy, Katie, Brea, Spencer (with Conner on his lap) and Shelly standing in the front

There's one shot of the group - Doug is the one whose cummerbund fell off... He seems to have wardrobe malfunctions whenever we watch him - not sure if it's us or him yet :-)

Jason was super into it!

Connor and Brea on the Rockets!

Jason and Katie - Not sure if Katie is excited or scared, but pretty sure Jason is bored. He was way excited to see the thing go 'roun a roun' and make huge circles with his hand. It must have worn him out...

Shelly and Mark - looks like they had fun!

Katie on the phone in the rain in line for Small World (they re-did it and have tons of Disney characters in the ride now - I'll spare you all the photos I took of every one we saw - Katie helped point them out for me)

Apparently Katie started a trend - suddenly everyone wanted to be on the phone in the rain in line for Small World!

Shelly was trying to keep dry and pose for a photo - this was her compromise

In the ride

Wet and excited to not be in the rain - even if it was temporary!

Time to go home - and bribe the kids with cookies!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness... I don't know how I've missed all of your posts! I love this play-by-play of that Friday morning at Disneyland. It was SUCH a fun day! :-)