I was going to be in a hurry to get this done, but apparently Mom has woken up and the kids are probably downstairs watching a TV show - so I'm no longer in as much of a hurry to type before Mark leaves for basketball - but I still only have until the show ends... I have some stories I have to share
Funny Story:
I think we need some background first. Yesterday after bath time we needed to brush Shelly's hair (this is an adventure in and of itself!). She didn't want her hair brushed, so we gave her the option of having Mommy brush her hair, or Daddy brush her hair. She kept insisting that she didn't want her hair brushed - and I told her that wasn't one of her options. Daddy ended up brushing her hair...
Shelly woke up this morning while I was pouring Jason some milk and juice (I was filling Shelly's cups too) and practically demanded that she watch Curious George. I told her that we were going to go play in the play room instead of watching TV this morning (we'll pretend like they're not really watching TV right now... Somehow my efforts of getting the kids to do things other than watch TV in the morning get wasted as soon as they realize that I'm distracted upstairs and Grandma is awake downstairs... :) Shelly was still insisting that she wanted to watch George! and I told her that she was allowed to want whatever she wanted, but we still weren't going to watch TV - we were going to play in the playroom. In the most obnoxious and demanding voice a tired 3 year old can muster she told me that 'wasn't one of my choices!' It took a minute for it to sink in what she was trying to say (and copy from yesterday morning) and then I was laughing so hard I couldn't tell Mark the story until I had calmed down. Then he was laughing, then Shelly was laughing - and now the kids are downstairs watching TV... ;)
Another Story:
This morning Jason woke up at 5 while I was feeding the baby. Don't be alarmed - this is the time he's been getting up since we got back from Utah on Wednesday. We're working on adjusting his schedule back to CA time, but we're to tired to do it right yet - we'll get there! Mark sent him back to bed, where he apparently went for a while at least. Then after Mark put the baby back down he came back to bed to rest for a bit. Around 6 we heard Emily start to make some whining sounds (not normal so soon after eating and going back down) so Mark went out to check on her. His 'What The...!!' encouraged me to get out of bed. Quickly. Apparently Jason had climbed into the bassinet with Emily and was kneeling over her without a diaper on. Mark's first thought was that the only reason Jason would be doing such a thing was because someone had done something inappropriate to him, and he was immediately concerned for Jason (I had less happy thoughts about him... I was more concerned with him trying to kneel on the baby - and the diaper-less thing didn't even phase me - except that he might have peed on her too, and I didn't want to clean up the mess). Mark then went through all the people that we know and tried to see if instinct might lead to someone we should be concerned about associating with our kids. The awesome part of the story is that we couldn't think of a single person we were concerned about! (Turns out Jason's diaper was just rather full and the effort/angles of trying to climb into a bassinet pulled it off of him on accident) So, we wanted to say Thank You to everyone for being trustworthy and allowing us to not worry about our kids being around you!
Funny Story #2:
So, before I could finish typing the kids came upstairs - and guess what I did... Yup - Word World is now on... I can't even handle how strong my convictions aren't!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment