Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving, here we come!

We went to CA for Thanksgiving.  Mark had to work on Tuesday night, but we thought that spending all day Wednesday driving did not sound like fun, so we packed the car before he left for work and drove through Tuesday night.  Mark was supposed to get off at 11:00, but another guy there covered his last hour for him so he could be home just after 10:00.  We did some last minute packing of the car, got the sleeping kids loaded and left just after 11:00.  It was a nice calm drive down, since the kids slept pretty much the whole way.  Mark did almost all of the driving, and I napped a bit so that I could take over when he got too tired to drive safely.  He's good about waking me up so I can entertain him when he's having a hard time staying awake, and we're not afraid of napping on the side of the road if we need to.

We pulled into the driveway just after 7:00 in the morning, unloaded the kids and a bit of the car, rested for a bit and then Danielle, the kids and I all walked over to Meadow Park to visit Grammy at work while Mark took a nap.

I think we made a decent decision as far as driving through the night.  I know it doesn't work for everyone, and it's not usually my first choice - although I do like driving when the sun isn't in my face, and the kids are tired (they are easier to entertain when they are asleep :) ) - but it was much better than arriving with tired and grumpy kids late Wednesday.  This way we got to play with family for most of a whole day before the official holiday!

The kids got to help Grammy make rolls...

Well, either that or make a mess, sometimes it's hard to tell the difference when kids are helping...

No comments: