Our toilet has a slight design error in the tank. Occasionally (actually fairly often) when the toilet is flushed, the chain that connects to the plug at the bottom gets flipped up and stuck on the rod attached to the handle. This means that the plug does not always go down and plug the hole that allows the tank to fill back up, but it does not mean that the water stops flowing into the tank. What this often results in is the toilet bowl constantly trying to fill back up, but never getting full because the water is running into the bowl. So, our toilet runs. Normally, just a lot of wasted water, but not a huge deal. When it is a big deal, is when out cute 2 1/2 year old is pretending to potty train (I really should start that, but I'm not feeling well enough at the moment to take that on) and somehow manages to clog the toilet, and then by an unlucky fluke, the chain gets stuck when she tries to flush it... There was water everywhere. At least a 1/4 inch of standing water pretty much everywhere inside the bathroom (1/2 inch in many places) - and we don't have a small bathroom. Water running out the door and down the hall towards the closet/Shelly's room/pantry/storage room. All of the rugs were soaked.
If I had been thinking more clearly, I would have taken a few towels and mopped and squeezed them out in the tub or something. But I was in panic mode, and may I remind you of the kitchen fire and how well my brain works in panic mode. I did manage to get the water turned off at the source, and fix the running toilet, but that's when my brain power gave out on me. I used every rag towel in the house that I could find, and several non-rag towels. I have a stack about 2-3 feet high of rag towels. We're not talking about just a few towels here, there are many.
Oh Emily... It's a good thing you're cute.
And that I have a washer.
No comments:
Post a Comment