Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July!

We have some fun traditions for 4th of July - mostly it consists of making homemade ice cream and watching fire works. Often we go watch the neighborhood parade (it's tiny - it consists of a hundred kids on bikes going up one block and then coming back on the other side of the street - but it's kinda cute and nice and short!). I decided to add something new this year. I made red, white and blue pancakes. Well, the white is more of a yellow color, and the red is more pink than red, and the blue looks closer to blue-green, and the colors aren't really obvious except around the edges, and they looked kinda gross to eat - but it's the thought that counts right?
The three colors on the plate - can you see what I mean about the colors looking off and slightly nauseating?
Mark stacked three together and started digging in... he humors me when I'm weird like that and make strange looking food.
Shelly snuggled up next to her daddy watching the 'parade'
Jason getting a great view from Uncle Doug's shoulders - Doug looks slightly less impressed...
He still looks uncomfortable, but slightly more patient - he's a good sport to have both kids on his shoulders! Shelly's more concerned with the sugar they tossed and she's consuming than with Doug's comfort levels.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I love that picture of Mark and Shelly watching the parade!