Monday, September 22, 2008

Projects

Mom-in-law and I started a few projects while we were up visiting. One of them is this cross stitch of the Nativity. It's 30 inches high and 60 inches long (that's 5 feet for those who struggle with conversions). I'm certain it will take me YEARS! to finish, but I'm excited to be see the end result!

We also worked on an advent calendar that Mark's Grandma had and given me a copy of. It's a nativity advent and it's way cute! There are 24 tiny figures (Mary, Joseph, Jesus, stars, sheep, wisemen, etc) and a cute backdrop to put one on each day. I don't have a picture of it because I left the original that Elaine and I were copying up in UT and forgot to take a picture before we left... I've had a few different people help me on that one. Danielle painted the figures (I struggle with that stuff - so THANK YOU!). With the fabric has been Meggie, my Mom and now my other Mom. For something I figured I could throw together with just the scraps in my mom's sewing room, this has sure turned into quite the project! Elaine and I were able to make real progress though and were almost done when camping called. Can't ignore the call to camp! There are rules you know :-)

No comments: