Saturday, November 9, 2013

Mark is Home Again

I'm way behind on updating everyone, and life has been overly tiring lately, so I'm going to cheat and use e-mails that my mom sent out to my immediate family during some of the recent drama.  I'm sorry for not getting this done sooner, but the few spare minutes I've had to myself I've spent keeping myself sane and not worrying about this here blog...  Hopefully life will calm down at some point and I'll be able to get back on top of things.  I'm not holding my breath though, so I recommend you don't either  :)

Wed Oct 23rd:

Hi All,

Before Mark was released about 15 different people, doctors and nurses stopped by to check him out - cardiologist, oncologist, radiologist, neurologist, family practice (twice), social services, physical therapy (twice), dietitian, nurse (2 different ones), tech, nurse's assistant, medical equipment coordinator (for a cane)..... just yesterday - and they all said he was good to go home :-).

Mark really was discharged yesterday, Tuesday, and arrived home at about 6:30pm.  There were 3 prescriptions that needed to be filled, so I headed to the pharmacy.  Once there they told me that they couldn't use Mark's insurance to cover them because the doctor who wrote the prescriptions wasn't covered by that insurance - who has ever heard of that??!??!  I called Rachel to ask what to and she said that one of them was Mark's seizure medicine and that he really needed it.  The pharmacy said that they could fill only a few days worth while we got the prescriptions written by another doctor.  I thought about that for a second and thought, that is the last thing Rachel needs right now.  So I just filled them and paid for them.  I then warned Rachel about getting prescriptions from the correct doctor so that it will be covered :-).

Mark is scheduled to receive out-patient physical, occupational and speech therapy.  They are happy that it will be out-patient instead of Home Health because they think Mark will be more challenged that way - more equipment to have him work with.

Mark slept a bunch once he got home and felt much better on Wednesday!  Elaine, bless her wonderful heart, took Emily and Annie today - which gave me a great chance to get a bunch done around the house.  The downstairs is all cleaned, vacuumed, laundry done, bathroom scrubbed.... it's looking great!  I also did a few loads of Rachel and Mark's clothes.  I also emptied their car and ran it to a car wash to get it cleaned inside and out - is looks awesome now!!!  Mark and Rachel even ran an errand in the morning - then Mark came home and took a nap :-).  They took a walk around the block in the afternoon as well.  He just said that he is feeling really good.

I've set up two different companies to come and put in new fences - one wrought iron at the end of the carport and the new stairs and the other one a vinyl company to put in a vinyl, scalloped, white picket fence from the east end of the carport, along the driveway to the street and along the street to the corner where the lilacs start.  They should both be done in about a month.  Then I set up an electrician to come and fix the breaker box - that thing is probably 50 years old!!!

I'm leaving tomorrow, Thursday, late afternoon and will return to work on Friday.  The new clerk had worked 3 days before I left her and I hear she has done great in my absence.

No comments: