Saturday, November 9, 2013

ER the Second

I'm way behind on updating everyone, and life has been overly tiring lately, so I'm going to cheat and use e-mails that my mom sent out to my immediate family during some of the recent drama.  I'm sorry for not getting this done sooner, but the few spare minutes I've had to myself I've spent keeping myself sane and not worrying about this here blog...  Hopefully life will calm down at some point and I'll be able to get back on top of things.  I'm not holding my breath though, so I recommend you don't either  :)

Thurs Oct 17th:


Hi All,

I got a text from Rachel at 12:47 that said, "And...We're back in the ER, but this time Dr. Rich told us to come.  Same type of episode.  I have a video of it! :-)"

I little while later when I asked how Mark was doing, she replied, "He's responsive again, we're waiting for the doc."

When I asked if she had called Dr. Rich when it happened and how it had lasted she said, "Called Dr. Rich from home.  I didn't want to bring him to the ER just to have him get better again.  He told me to come here (well, his nurse did).  The episode seemed to last somewhere between 1/2 hour to a full hour.  I'd have to check times on my phone to be sure.  I checked.  It was close to an hour."

At 3:25 I learned, "They're admitting him to get his fluids up and they're giving him steroids to try to see if they can get the brain swelling down.  We're expecting an overnight stay and if he's drinking normally in the morning they'll send him home."

The newest news:  "They're still working on admitting him.  He had another episode while the docs were here just a minute ago (glad they were here to see it!!!).  I think they were ordering another test on his way out to a room (still in the ER) so it could be a bit still."

On Tuesday night Dad and were talking and I said that I felt that I should go to Provo once a month and take a day or two off of work to make it a longer weekend and help Rachel out with anything that she needed.... kids, laundry, bathrooms, vacuuming, meals........  So yesterday I texted the 2 co-principals and asked for permission to miss work this Monday.  I planned to fly to UT on Friday evening and back home on Monday evening.  Then I got the texts from Rachel today and I'm glad that I already had plans in place.

I'll keep you posted with any other updates I get.

No comments: