Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th Barbeque

On the 4th we went across the road to hang out and celebrate. Listening to the radio, I had heard of a Seder that Dennis Prager had created to help celebrate Independence Day. It is designed to help us remember the sacrifices that were made for our country and what it stands for.

Mark and I had done this with our kids on Sunday afternoon. We had left over Red White and Blue Fruit Pizza, so I took it across the road with us, and the kids and I did it again with the rest of the family (Mark was working)

Grandpa waiting for the fun to start


Ethan and Julibeth reading a part.

Fruit Pizza


It was over in about 10 minutes.
Afterwards we headed over to the fire pit for a weenie roast.

Everyone getting food.

Grandpa roasting a hot dog. He was a champ and roasted almost all of the hot dogs for us.

The kids aren't all that big on hot dogs, so they stuffed themselves with chips

And quenched their thirst with Capri Suns

Emily had taken a tumble at Aunt Becca's house the day before and had teeth marks in her upper lip. She was content to sit, nibble on a bun, and watch the fire.

Ethan roasting a marshmallow.

Here's Annie! It was misting every now and then, and she was asleep. We covered her up so the random moisture wouldn't wake her up.

Hey! Who turned on the lights?

And back to sleep. Newborns are great like that.

Those Capri Suns were a hit!

And the Doritos didn't fall flat either.

The kids had fun hiding and playing up there. It made Grandpa nervous to watch them. I just turned around and figured I'd hear them if one of them fell to their death.

Jason, Emily and Ethan hiding from the rain with Grandma

No comments: