Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summit in Big Bear

The next day we went up a ski lift up to the summit to look around. It was pretty! I was nervous about taking Emily and there was some drama about me and the baby staying, then Aunt Grandma decided to stay with her, the we eventually talked everyone into going up. Mom and Cindy even overcame their fear of heights and went up! Good Times!

Trash Target - are you good enough?
I thought this was hilarious!

Proof that Aunt Grandma was on a ski lift! In the air. Above the ground. High up...

And smiling! What is wrong with the world?!?!?

We even convinced Mom to go up. I was behind her though, so this is the best shot I could get... Matt and Sabrina are in the next one forward. I bet you guess that already though :)

Off to go check out the view. I stayed behind. I pretended like I had just had a baby 3 weeks before and tons of walking might not be good for me just yet. I'm not sure if anyone believed me.
Doug, Nate, Becca and Mark headed up the lets-walk-down-the-mountain crew. Ok, so they were the crew, but that's not the point.
Oh, and this sign was hilarious! Totally worth clicking on to read. At least it was funny at the time. I forget if it's actually funny...

Jason the natural-born supervisor. Don't ask him to do any work though, he just supervises.

That's me trying to feed the baby on the way back down so she doesn't squirm her way out of our arms and down to the ground below. It seemed like a good idea at the time - then Cindy pulled out the camera... 'Smile!' :)

It was a really pretty view though and totally worth the nursing shot!

Here's the walking crew at the bottom. We were sure we were going to have to wait for them. We were wrong...

No comments: