Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Big Bear Alpine Slide

About 3 weeks after Emily was born and about 5 days after Nate got back from his mission in Argentina the family had a fun vacation in Big Bear. We managed to get the whole family together, minus Rob and Jenny and their kids - they had to be in New Zealand for Rob's internship and didn't even get to stay long enough to see Nate. Guess that's what happens when families get big...

Mom rented a couple of cabins with connecting back yards up in Big Bear and there were enough rooms for all the couples to have a room and then the single boys and girls each got a room. The boys ended up sharing their room with our kids (not the baby - we had the only kids on the vacation it turns out - unless you count Sabrina being prego. Seems we should have thought that through a bit better and left them at home or something. They would have survived - I think)

It happened that Mark's Birthday was that same week, and to celebrate we went on an Alpine Slide (ok, we were going to go anyways, but that's not the point). I had fun playing with my new camera - it was Mom's old camera, but it was new to me - and almost everyone else had fun going down the slide. I have pictures to prove it!
Here's the first time the kids went down (kids went free with an adult and they loved it!)
William w/ Jason, Nate, Matt w/ Shelly, Mark, Danielle
There they are on the way up
Here's a whole slide shot. I'm thinking there's more up where I can't see, but that's just a guess.
William and Jason rounding the last corner
I think that's Mark up there coming down and Nate on the curve above - but it's too small and I can't tell.
William pulling Jason, Danielle's not quite off yet, Mark pulling a slide, Matt and Shelly (what's with that hat?) Becca watching and Nate's shirt sleeve and elbow.
Matt returning a slide, Nate, Becca holding Jason, Mark, Doug and Shelly - off for round two
Doug w/ Shelly, Becca still holding Jason
Katie!!
I was going for a reflection shot off of Mom's glasses. I'm not sure it worked as well as I thought it would in my mind...
Doug and Shelly win the race! Becca and Jason are just about to round that corner.
See! There they are!
Matt and some random people
Katie stuck behind a slow girl... That's Dad at the bottom impatiently waiting
'What took so long?' 'You mean besides that slow girl? I totally would have had you if I hadn't gotten stuck!' (you know that's how it went too)
Mark got to ride with Shelly (was this her 3rd or 4th time? - I lost count)
There are lots more but I saved you some more pointless pictures... :)

No comments: