Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jason is teething - we can hear it!

I think I'd feel worse for the poor guy if he wasn't crying all the time!! There's nothing I can do for him. Nursing more often only leads to spitting up (something he hasn't ever really done regularly, and not at all in the last few months), he's not interested in food - although we've found that shoving food in his mouth will at least lead to chewing and a few precious moments of silence. He doesn't want to go to sleep - I finally let him cry for probably almost half an hour to put himself to sleep tonight. He hasn't needed to do that it quite a while. It wasn't pleasant to know he was soo sad, yet also know there was nothing I could do to make him feel better.
He has two new teeth that have poked through. He's up to 6! One on the top right, and the other on the bottom left. I think he has the other one on the top coming in - and that's why he's cranky. Poor guy!

Better news! Shelly got a 'big kid bed' today. She was so excited once it was all put together. She had finished her nap (mostly on the floor, I think) and we decided to put her bed together. She loved being a 'big helper' by carrying the smaller pieces of the bed up the stairs. Once it was all together she wanted to test it out. She kicked Jason and me out of the room and said 'good night mommy.' She then had fun going back and forth from her bedroom to the playroom telling me about her napping on her new 'big kid bed.' It was quite entertaining.

No comments: