Saturday, October 29, 2011

Picking Pumpkins

We waited until almost the last minute to pick pumpkins, but we got to pick them from the garden, so the kids could pretty much pick as many as they wanted.  We stopped them at one big one each, and let them grab a few small ones.


I think this is the one that Ethan picked (at least for that minute - when you have a pumpkin patch on your lawn, half of the fun is picking a new pumpkin every 10 minutes!)

Jason could almost pick this one up!

Emily could pick up her choice!

Comparing pumpkins

This one just watched.  She was not as interested in pumpkin picking as her siblings.

Emily found the ones she wants!  

Her face does not show it here, but she loves this cat.  She and Ethan have named it Fatty Watty.

I love hearing her say that name in her cute little two year old voice.

Here's the stash of cooking squash this year.  The small dark ones are called something really close to butternut, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's official name is. (butterball (that's the turkey), butterbell, blue butter...  I give up)  The bigger light ones are blue hubbards.  The one in the back right is HUGE!  There are plans to take pictures of it with all the kids before it gets cooked and eaten.

No comments: