Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I love when I make up a rule (i.e. snacks at the table), and then forget why I made the rule, then stop enforcing the rule because I forgot why, then suddenly one morning turn my back for a minute and it all comes flooding back why I created the rule in the first place... (yea, mess on the couch) It's called inconsistency! :)


Unfortunately, in our current house, the only non-carpeted places big enough for a table are blocking the door/hallway in the kitchen or in the bathroom (not happening), so our table is over carpet - annoying, but with a drop cloth under it, we've managed to not destroy the carpet too badly... The rule is (when I remember) that food goes on the table or in the kitchen, but every now and then, for a treat, we'll spread out a blanket and let them eat a snack while watching a movie (popcorn, etc). So, the rule gets broken occasionally, and I forget when to enforce it - and I don't monitor the kids anything close to constantly (it rarely even hits 'often'), and so, much happens that I don't notice until after the fact...

No comments: