Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Party for Ethan!

Today was Ethan's birthday. We joined them for a birthday dinner and some cake. Grandma made the cake and JB decorated it. The kids had fun playing, and a good time was had by all. We love celebrating with them and are grateful for family!

Ethan is keeping a close eye on him mom to make sure she doesn't make a mistake

Grandpa and Jason watched too, but not with quite the same intensity at Ethan :)

Happy Emily! Happy is her favorite word these days. It's super fun to listen to her walk through the house saying 'ha-ppy, ha-ppy'

Looking good

I love Ethan's face here! He's a cute kid, and it was fun to see him so intense about the cake.

Birthday Boy!

Ethan is 7 today. Time flies!

I don't remember what this was for, probably because someone said something about the Utes...


Make a wish!

I've heard stories that I used to have to have my hands washed after almost every bite when I was a baby (at least that's the story I've heard about my 1st birthday - I can't swear it was for every meal) but this reminds me of that story. Emily can be much that way - but only when we don't want her to be. Give the girl some orange chips and it's everywhere, but cake? Eat girl! Don't wipe off your hands...

Aunt JB is so nice to her!

Ethan is excitedly opening presents.

I had taken the kids to the store earlier and let them each pick out a present for Ethan for his birthday. It was rather a lot of drama since Shelly and Jason each had the same toy in their hands for more than half the time - not the same toy the whole time, but whenever one would switch toys the other would grab the same one... It was a trick to not walk out of the store with 3 of the same thing for him...

Happy Birthday Bubs (as Mark calls him)

Grandpa was startled by one of the gifts Ethan got. Emily got Ethan 'rattlesnake eggs' and the first time you encounter them, they are rather startling.

Some fun Tron toys

Emily playing with Ethan's new BYU football. The old one got signed by the BYU head coach and he couldn't play with it anymore - so he got a new one to play with

Jason had a ton of fun with those rattlesnake eggs. It's really a washer and a rubber band that you wind up. When you open the envelope the washer unwinds and makes the eggs 'rattle'

Again Dad!

Emily trying to get Ethan's present open. I think she wanted some

No comments: