Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Fun!

We had a fun Christmas holiday! Since my folks ditched the family for Christmas, Aunt Katie came and stayed with us and got to come to all of the family activities. We started off by going to Mark's grandparents house to dip chocolate. Shelly and Jason enjoy visiting Great Grandma & Great Grandpa.

We brought an apron for Shelly. I thought we brought one for Jason too, but he must not have wanted one...

With help, they did pretty good

Dump the candy into the melted chocolate and then drop it onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. Ethan's a bit faster than Jason


The next stop was a couple of days later on Christmas Eve. The Clinger side (Mark's mom) always gets together and has a party with food, a gift exchange, a Nativity acted out by the kids and a talent show.



Shelly was 'dancing' before it really got started. I missed some of the best stuff, but couldn't resist sharing.


It's rather back lit, but the writhing blob in the middle is Shelly dancing to Aunt Emily and Ellen playing for the Talent Show. I wish I could have closed those doors!

Here's half of the Nativity Scene. Shelly is kneeling down about 3rd from the left. Jason is on his belly almost off stage left (or is it stage right? I always get those confused...). I'm not sure if you can see him at all in this. He was playing with Aunt Adele and didn't want to be bothered to stand with everyone else for a picture...

Next stop was dinner and a visit with the Gardner's at the White's (confused yet?). Rob did most of the cooking - a turkey dinner with all the best sides and even a pumpkin pie from scratch! Can't complain about tasty food, and it's always lots of fun to see the kids playing together. It was fun to get to visit with family.

I'm not sure what Lizzie is doing to Emily - I wasn't even sure that was Lizzie until I double checked her clothes with a different picture... Shelly and Lizzie look so much alike! (especially without a face in the picture)

Uncle Rob (or Dad - depending on which child is speaking) read to the kids.

Grace and Shelly on his lap, and Lizzie trying to get a view of the pictures

Nate and Kate watched Rob read

Matt spent a lot of time holding Beth, at least partly to keep her from getting into stuff. Emily likes babies.

Still reading...

Whole family shot! At least who was left. Becca and Bryan had to go do other family stuff before we realized we should take a picture...

On to Christmas Day:
We sent the kids to bed and tried to get ready for Santa to come visit. The kids were rather excited and kept getting up, but it worked out all right in the end.

Here's our ever so decorated house

This is a tent that Mark made for the kids. We used PVC pipes to build the frame and the old curtains from Grammy's house as the cover. I was expecting to have to do a bit of sewing, but the gathers along the top made a great door, and all I ended up having to do was cut along a seem - and Ta Da! Tent!

They played and slept in this (in their room) for days!

Emily was excited about her presents!

What is it??

Gratuitous entertainment at Katie's expense

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have vague memories of this happening...It was actually quite weird to see it and not have any recollection of it. :)