Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fire at church (in Irvine) - [Stolen From Cindy's Blog]

[I stole this and a few others from Cindy's Blog - The others will make more sense as to why I stole them... This one was exciting though!]
So at the end of Sacrament Meeting the fellow who was conducting said the bishop was going to say a few words. He did. He said that there had been (while we were in Sacrament Meeting) a fire in the church! He said that was why we would see firemen and policemen in the building. He said that if the smoke was too bad in some places, they would move people around.

I left after the meeting, ran home, got my camera and returned to take pictures (yep, I AM Debra's sister). When I left there was a policeman in the parking lot taking a video of the license plates on all the cars. He was done when I got back.


Here you will see a police car and a crime scene investigation van! Nice!!!

Here are the fire engines. What excitement.

[Update: Apparently there was a fire in the trash can in the men's room. It burned the trash can and also the wall (the whole building is basically brick so we got lucky). The bathroom is planning on being closed for weeks - well, the bathroom technically isn't doing the planning, but you get the idea...]

No comments: