Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Weekend!

[From Family News Page]

It was a great conference! We missed about half of the first session due to scheduling issues with the cable down here - it took me longer than it should have to remember that we can watch it online... The cable company finally caught on and it worked fine Sat afternoon and Sunday morning - but Sunday afternoon it was playing with horrible reception (it would stall and go digitalizing every few seconds - we'd only catch about 3/4 of most sentences - it was exciting stuff) so we turned on the noise online and watched the video on TV - I even managed to get the voice and the mouth lined up! That was an exciting moment!! Too bad it didn't last the whole time - I had to adjust a few times - but it was nice to be able to think we just had weird surround sound...

I miss the days when I could pay more attention and take copious notes... These days if I manage to even hear more than 1/2 of it over kids needs I consider myself lucky. We debated about letting the kids watch movies in the other room so we could get more out of it, but decided it was more important for them to be with us listening to prophets. Shelly actually had fun with the BINGO thing for a bit (I found one online I printed off sometime during the Sat afternoon session - does anyone else remember doing those as kids?). It lasted almost an hour - and then she realized she could eat the M&M's....... On Sunday afternoon (the afternoons were better for us, since Jason napped!!) she heard a song from across the room and got up and ran to her bingo card and put a cheerio on the Hymns square (yes, we switched to cheerios - we should have started with those, but were not quite so smart apparently). It was the last time the BINGO card was seen, but it was still rather funny. I was impressed she knew which square was the right one! She ended up falling asleep on the floor under the foot rest for the last half of Sunday afternoon! It was a nice ending to a rather eventful weekend.

Ok, that's about 20 times longer than I meant to write - I must have some sort of a condition that forces me to write much more than I need too... If anyone ever figures out what that is, let me know cause so far I've been blaming it on being female, but I'm pretty sure that not only is that not accurate, it's not really fair... I also have issues with using dashes and commas and whatever those three periods are called (ellipsis) too often. It's a sickness! :-)

No comments: