Sunday, January 19, 2014

Mark has gone Home

I'm sure almost everyone has heard by now.  Mark passed away Friday afternoon, peacefully at home in his own bedroom, surrounded by people who loved him.  I will forever be grateful for the last few months we got to spend with him before the cancer took him from us.  He always enjoyed life, even as it got harder for him near the end, and I am glad we got the chance to make lots of memories with him.

The funeral will be on Saturday the 25th at 11:00am, with a viewing before starting at 9:30, at the LDS church he grew up going to and went to most of his adult life (1700 N Geneva Rd, Provo).  I think he will be glad to get to go back there one last time.  There will also be a viewing the night before at Berg's Mortuary on Center Street in Provo from 6-8pm.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Ryan and I are so heartbroken for you. But we too are grateful for the recent memories of Mark. Please know of our prayers and love.

rozanny said...

Love being sent your way

Unknown said...

Rachel, You don't know me, but we (Denise, my wife) know the Schofeld's from way back. I want you to know you have a great guy and we are sad that you have "lost" him. For now. Our prayers are with you.
We live in Nebraska, so we wont be able to attend, but we will send someone from the family.

Good luck with all and our prayers are with you.
John Oliver

Anonymous said...

Rachel, you don't know me either but I went to school with your brother. I graduated the year before but we were the same age because I skipped a grade. Anyway, your husband was a great man. I don't know a single person who had anything negative to say about him. That says a lot these days. I will be praying for your family.

Martha DellaMaggiore said...

Blessings to you and your sweet babies, Rachel.