Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hospice

It's time.

We have put Mark on hospice and will bring him home in the morning.  He hasn't really woken up since late last week (or really hardly at all since surgery right after Christmas).  He has stopped eating and drinking and it's only a matter of time at this point.

If anyone wants to come visit, he'll be home soon.  We welcome visitors, but just be warned that Mark most likely won't be able to communicate with you.

I just want to say a great huge THANK YOU! to everyone who has been so supportive through all of this!  I wish I had the energy to thank everyone individually.  I've really appreciated all the e-mails, Facebook notes, texts, phone calls, gifts, acts of service, visits, prayers, comments, all of it!  I haven't always been good about taking the time to respond to each individual note/e-mail/text/gift (nor have I always known who they were from), but they were all received and are all appreciated. Thank you!

15 comments:

jules said...

Sending all the love I can.

Unknown said...

I love you.

Bob said...

I'm glad we got to see (and sort of talk to) him while we were in town. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

Jenny Gardner said...

We love you Rachel, your amazing husband, and your precious children.

Sister Jinafer Marie Sharp said...

You and your family are in my prayers. God Bless you and your 5 beautiful children

rozanny said...

Prayers for you and yours...

rozanny said...

Prayers for you and yours...

Unknown said...

I love you Rach!!! You are an amazing mom, wife, friend, sister and daughter. Please know you're loved and thought of often. We are praying for peace and comfort for you, Mark, your kids and all of your families.

Kim said...

My thoughts and prayers and love are with you and your sweet family

Mimi said...

You all are in our prayers! Love, Michelle and Christopher

mary said...

I just wanted to leave you a note to say that I knew Mark in Junior High and High School. He has always been a tremendous guy. I remember him as being quiet, but strong, and good-natured.

I know that even though he will pass on, he will not cease to love you and your children. He will not cease to pray for you, and he will not cease to labor in your behalf. Salvation is a family affair, and he will be with you always.

I will be praying for you.

Dave Pinegar

Dave & Kate said...

You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Dave and Kathee McKell

Amy said...

I'm grateful for the few months I had to be your visiting teacher and get to know you and Mark. I was so impressed that when we came over to visit you, he would take time to sit in and visit with us while we were there. It was clear he loved and was interested in others. My heart is breaking for you that you have to be apart.

Camille English said...

Praying for you and your family.

Unknown said...

No words will ever communicate the loss nor shed the pain. Although I've never met him, I'm certain he was too loved and too young to leave so early in life. My heart goes out to you and your loved ones. My thoughts are with you and your kids during this time. Let me know if there is anything I can do.