I have taken a few pictures, but I have a 'helpful imp' who has been getting into my drawers and night stand for a few months now. I know right were my card reader used to be, but this 'helpful imp' has managed to find a new home for some of my stuff. I have looked and looked, but I can't find the card reader!
Thankfully, others have also been taking pictures and they shared some with me! So, here are some pictures of the whole process so far.
Mark getting wheeled down the hall to head for surgery
In the elevator on the way down to surgery. Can you see those white dots on his head. They were a lot like slightly fat life savers that helped the surgeons somehow during surgery.
Saying goodbye for the last time before his head would never look the same again. :)
Totally worth it, by the way!
Post surgery. He was fast asleep! The bandages were on his head for a few days.
Some of the equipment hooked up to Mark while he was in the ICU. That's just some of it. They really monitor you in there.
Warning for any faint of heart - this next picture has something close to open wounds
Our first look at the incision.
Mark giving me my first hug from him post surgery! They claim it was part of his physical therapy, but I have a feeling it was good for more than just him arms.
Shelly hopping into bed with Mark in his new room (no longer in ICU)
Again, faint of heart warning - this one has a very visible and up close shot of the head (the one after also has a visible shot of the scar, but it's farther away and less obvious)
Annie giving Mark a kiss on his forehead. We like to have her give us kisses. Somehow we have managed to convince her that when she gets hurt, all she has to do to feel better is give us a kiss. (I think it was a misunderstanding at some point along the way, but there is no way I'm trying to fix that one!) Sometimes one isn't enough, so we started having her give us kisses on each cheek, on the forehead, nose and chin. By the end of that, she usually feels better. It's become a bit of a ritual for bed time too.
Emily giving Daddy his snuggle. She has been saying most mornings that she needs to go visit her daddy because 'he misses my hugs and kisses.' She is a sweet girl!
Emily and Jason watching their daddy eat some breakfast.
Emily cuddling with her daddy. She does love to come see him!
We talked them both into cuddling for a picture.
Shelly all dressed up and ready for church! She has enjoyed getting the chance to see her daddy as well.
Annie is a great snuggle-er (is that a word?). Ever since Mark found out that he forgot who she was, he has needed an Annie hug. I'm convinced that the kids visiting has been some of the best therapy for him.
Here we are watching the awesome physical therapist (we like this one the best - there is a surprising difference in what the different ones do and how hard and differently they work him).
Mark's mom, Annie, Me, and Shelly.
Mark giving Annie a hug part way through his walk at the end of the hall.
He surprised us all by picking her up! I'm sure they have both missed that!
Later in the day, on a different walk, Mark is trying to chase me down for a hug.
Heading back to the room. He had to chase me the whole way, and even managed to catch me a few times - I might have let him... :)
Annie running up to see her 'daddy! daddy!'
Mark walked out to the waiting room to visit with family who had come to see him and eat dinner. There were too many of us to fit in his room, so we used the lobby/waiting room area.
Mark sporting the awesome hat the nurse made for him!
He looks a bit like a tele tubby (at least that's what I think it reminds me of - I've never actually watched that show, so I might be mis-remembering)
Here's the crowd that came to visit! (and who weren't sitting on the floor by the elevator, running around or taking the picture)

1 comment:
Your Amazing people! All my love and many prayers for you and your family!
Post a Comment