There hasn't really been much to say in the last day or two. We still don't know what's going on with treatment - still waiting on the pathology reports. The samples were sent out for testing - meaning the lab here wanted to send them to a lab that specifically does brain testing. It will be a while before those come back. So, depending on what those say he will either start radiation or both radiation and chemo and he will start either sooner or a bit later. There are various clinical trials that he can get into, but again which one to find for him depends on what the pathology says. Really, it's all still up in the air...
Mark continues to make improvements with recovery. Until tonight, we have been unsure where he was going to go post discharge (an acute rehab live-in center, home with outpatient care, home with home health visits...) it all depended on how well he was doing. But we found out late in the afternoon Tuesday that he has been accepted to an Acute Rehab facility in Murray, and he will be discharged Wednesday morning and I will drive him up there. It's little a bit farther away than we were hoping - about a half hour drive - but it will be good for him to get some intense rehab. He has been doing well enough that I don't think he will be there long, which will be good. Mark has been anxious to get back home.
Other than that, there really hasn't been much new to report.
3 comments:
Woohoo! Discharge!
Bummer that he'll be in Murray instead of closer to home, but I'm glad the drive is still doable and I'm sure the intense rehab will help him immensely.
(How'd you love that run-on sentence? I do some of best work early in the morning!)
I'm crossing my fingers that the path report comes back quickly. There's nothing worse (for me, anyway) than the not knowing what you're looking at, treatment-wise.
I sure do love you guys! Thanks again for taking such excellent notes of what's happening and sharing your experiences so we can all be involved!
Thanks for the pics and updates Rach. I love hearing and seeing how quickly he is recovering from the surgery. He'll be home in no time.
Love to you all!
Jenny
Thanks for the update/pictures! We are all sending our love and prayers to you and your family! Keep being awesome and know you are thought of often!!!
Post a Comment