I love that my mother-in-law is obsessed with family pictures! There is a wall in my parent's house that has family pictures through the years, starting with their wedding and slowly adding more kids to the mix, and then every few years while we all grew up (physically, if not yet mentally in my case). I love looking at that wall, mostly because of what it represents, and would love to eventually have a wall like that in my future house. There is no way that I would remember to take the pictures at this point in my life though, or have the motivation (or funds) to do it regularly. It took Elaine about 5 months of, mostly gentle, prodding to get me to make an appointment, dress the kids up, keep them entertained and get some family pictures taken. I think it was totally worth it - both for right now, and for 30 years from now for that future wall of mine.
We used to go to Kiddie Kandids and loved the pictures they would produce, but they had a limit of 5 pictures per sitting, and they would only give you the raw pictures on the CD - if you wanted copies of any of the enhancements you had to buy the prints from them. A few years ago Kiddie Kandids shut their doors, and we had to find somewhere else to go - so we tried JC Pennys. I love JC Pennys. Not only do they do a good job with the pictures (at least at our local photo studio they are great), but they also don't have a 5 picture limit - they don't seem to have any limit, and they put all of the enhancements they make for you on the CD - which means you don't have to pay their pricey print fee and can get the exact same thing done at Costco for much less. It's possible they are more expensive than other places (it's been a long time since I've price shopped - and Elaine has a membership or something like that at JC Penny which makes the sitting free), but I have been very impressed with my experiences there.
So, that was a long story, but here are the pictures!




















No comments:
Post a Comment